write a reply

ALT/ered

86written posts
cinearned bits
offlinecurrently
cin
cin Avatar
If this is not love, what should we call it?

[nospaces]
[attr="style","width:450px;padding:50px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #dbdbdb; font-family: pt sans; font-size: 13px; line-height: 150%; text-align: justify; margin-top: 25px;"]
Welcome to Kairos, city of chrome and steel.[break][break]

It’s XXXX and humans took to the stars over a century ago, yet they never completely abandoned Earth. Kairos survives as an utopia, a vacation hotspot for weary space travelers and a midpoint for outerlanders to refuel. Black Ash feels like a remnant of history when you can breathe freely beneath its robust filtration system.
[break][break]
People live longer and better, technology that was only dreamt about in movies now at the tips of their fingers. It’s the home of cutting edge research for bionics, innovation seems to happen every year, and a refuge for Synthetics.
[break][break]
Except, beneath its veneer as the perfect place to live, it’s the same as everywhere else. People struggle to get by and the ones who have the deepest pockets are left in charge. The MegaCorps make too many calls as men try to play god, trying to create life through synthetic wire and silicon. Be careful now, there are things hiding in the shadows and bionic harvesting has become popular among the black market.
[break][break]
Ad astra et redi - May you always find your way back.

[googlefont=Playfair+Display:700,700i][googlefont=Cousine:400,400i][googlefont=PT+Sans:400,400i]

last edit on Jul 21, 2023 7:04:22 GMT by cin

86written posts
cinearned bits
offlinecurrently
cin
cin Avatar
If this is not love, what should we call it?

[nospaces]
[attr="style","width:450px;padding:50px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #dbdbdb; font-family: pt sans; font-size: 13px; line-height: 150%; text-align: justify; margin-top: 25px;"]
/clears throat
[break][break]
HELLO!!! this is an update just shy of a year later (i've been planning this since 2018. capitalism can pry it from my cold dead hands).
[break][break]
but there's been a slight hold up just due rl things and also i wanted to revamp parts of the skin! i'll try to clean up some of the lore so i can share but here are some things you can expect:

[break][break]

• hosted on jcink (yrs later and i still don't know pb)

• relatively member-driven site. there's sub-plots that can affect like the world depending on how they play out but it's also meant to be pretty sandbox in the way that people can play in it. it'll take place mainly in kairos but players have the ability to contribute and help develop other areas of the world!!! ur also welcomed to rp in space!!

• the member groups...are really based off personality/feel vs any concrete groupings. so it's really not strict and you can pick it through colour alone if you like

• you're able to play unaltered (human, no bionics a.k.a. tech augmentation, rare, usually making some sort of statement about what it means to be human) altered (human, has some sort of bionics), or synths (synthetic humans, a.k.a. androids) 

• no real system aside from the upper limit on how many bionics a human can have and also that brain-based bionics are banned (no pirating them!!)

• i am so old...a grandma in the rp world...my main goal is just to have somewhere low stress and not have to worry about powerscaling so bionics and their abilities really work off the concept of "be reasonable"

• it will be a profile app with a freeform (some sort of vague understanding of your character which can translate 5 short moments, 1 long drabble, answer some prompts, etc) and a shipper (which can literally be plot hooks for people to launch from to engage with your character). i'm trying to keep it flexible

• what if i don't know science? it's sci-fi baby!!! we play with science loosely, it's hand waving bc i can't explain how hover cars exist, but they do!

[break][break]
i am hoping my very best that the nxt update won't come in another yr! drop your questions or if u want me to expand on anything and i promise to try to answer!!!

[googlefont=Playfair+Display:700,700i][googlefont=Cousine:400,400i][googlefont=PT+Sans:400,400i]

last edit on Jun 14, 2024 3:29:15 GMT by cin

aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
434written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Following! I love the concept, and your graphic is gorgeous. Excited to write some robots heheh time to get back to playing some Cyberpunk and Detroit Become Human